As a natural enthusiast, I love learning about natural, organic products. There are a whole bunch of small businesses out there who sell home-made skin care products. It makes the search for the perfect product much more difficult than it should be.
I love, love, love organic products.
My family suffers from eczema which is a skin condition where the skin becomes rough, inflamed or irritated with no clear external cause. My mom’s skin flares up when she eats anything with gluten and is exposed to the sun.
When I came across @yo.shea.naturals on Instagram, I was curious to try it for myself and for my family. Yoni, the owner, was so generous and sent me a few samples of her body butters, body scrub, and hair elixir.
Let me just say, I fell in love with these products after the first use!
Here are my thoughts:
I received vanilla and cranberry scented body butters.
– Consistency. It rubs on the skin smoothly. Some people may describe this butter as being too oily, but that’s all depending on preference and the condition of your skin.
– Moisture. After applying the body butter, there is no need for me to moisturize again during the day because my skin retains all the moisture. It looks and feels amazing.
– Reduces scars with help from the body scrub.
Fragrance is irritating to my mom’s skin (this is my mom’s experience because of her eczema, my skin loves the butter)
Cranberry scented scrub smells great and leaves my skin feeling brand new.
– Less ingrown hairs. The grains of sugar in this scrub are kind of thick (consistency of brown sugar) which is a great exfoliant. Over time, the appearance of scars and darkened skin (like elbows and knees) begin to brighten.
– Helps heal dry skin. This scrub is so moisturizing that I don’t even need to moisturize after I shower. The combination of oils in it is the magic.
The mixture smells like nature and keeps my scalp feeling refreshed.
I can’t say if I’ve seen any growth in my hair because I didn’t measure it before I began using the elixir. The change I did notice in my hair is its thickness. My hair feels much fuller, with more volume, and my curls are more defined.
These products are also very cheap ranging between $5-$20. I definitely recommend it for anyone with dry skin who isn’t sensitive to fragranced products.